This natural healing modality originates in Tibet. The name “Reiki” (Rey-Key) comes from the technique as re-discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist in the early 20th century. The word Reiki is made up of two Japanese words: Rei (universal spirit), and Ki (energy). Thus, the word Reiki is generally taken to mean “universal life energy.” Reiki energy healing is an increasingly popular form of holistic healing therapy in India and the West.
As with other forms of energy medicine, practitioners of Reiki energy healing believe that a vital energy force permeates the universe. This energy flows within and around everyone. According to practitioners of Reiki energy healing, illness arises when there are disturbances in a person’s energy field. During healing sessions, the Reiki practitioner channels energy to improve the flow and balance of energy within the person. Reiki energy healing is safe for people of any age or physical condition. Reiki therapy has three goals:
Raise the level of Ki in and around the person being treated.
Reduce the amount of negative energy affecting the person.
Heal the pathways for Ki within the person.
Benefits of Reiki Healing
Reiki can benefit anyone who takes this healing. It can heal health, relationships, career, finance. Basically, it heals one on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.
Some Physical Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki works on all chronic and acute illnesses, including serious problems like heart disease and cancer as well as skin problems, flu, fatigue, headaches, and back pain.
- First Aid (as it speeds up healing).
Reduction in pain and nausea after allopathic treatments such as chemotherapy or surgery.
- Your body being more fully prepared for surgery, including using less anesthesia, and a shortened recovery.
- Tissue regeneration to replace scars and burns.
- Lessening of arthritis pain, stiffness, and increased ease of movements.
Improved circulation to reduce swelling from many causes (injury, surgery).
- Balancing of the organs and glands and their bodily functions.
A lessening and relieving of symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- Strengthened immune system, and improved capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
- Supports pregnancy and childbirth, and afterwards. Many women report painless childbirth using Reiki.
Some Mental Benefits of Reiki
- Your mind becomes calmer.
- Improved memory.
- Enhanced creativity.
- Help contacting the ‘healer within’ and relief from emotional upset, anxiety and depression.
- Restful sleep with more vivid dreams during sleep.
You think clearer and you can ‘see’ clearer.
- Increased self-confidence. You will be able to answer your own questions knowing that you have the answers.
Enhanced personal awareness.
Some Emotional Benefits of Reiki
- Deep relaxation, the mind calms and becomes less erratic.
- Eases depression, insomnia, lack of confidence, addiction and fear-based illnesses.
- Increased intuition, and creativity.
- Increased intuition and creativity lead to a more purposeful direction in life.
- Feel more connected and in tune with others and the universe.
LEVELS OF REIKI
There are four levels or degrees of Reiki, which are achieved by successive initiations.
The first degree opens the energy channel and permits the student to channel Reiki mainly at the physical level, both for self and for others. It consists of one initiation in the Usui Tibetan system. After the initiation, the student may note a subtle energy flowing through his hands. This can be perceived in various ways, including heat, coolness, tickling, buzzing, or just a strange feeling in the hands. Sometimes it takes a period of time after the initiation before the student feels the energy.
This level is open to anyone. No previous experience or preparation is required. The initiation connects the student’s energy system to the Universal Energy. Energy blockages are released, balancing and harmonizing the major energy centres known as chakras. The initiation opens the central energy channel leading from the crown of the head to the bottom of the spine. It connects the student to the Universal Energy permanently, allowing him to channel the energy whenever he wishes.
The 2nd Degree requires that the student has completed the 1st Degree.
In the 2nd Degree Reiki initiation, the central channel is opened up to a greater level, and the amount of energy that can be channeled increases. The student receives three symbols in this level.
THIRD DEGREE – INNER MASTER
The 3RD degree initiation increases the student’s capacity to channel the Universal Energy. The student is also given the Usui Master Symbol, which allows him to work on a spiritual level and helps him to contact his own inner truth. This level is called Inner Master because it involves recognizing that each person is the master of his own destiny, responsible for his own life. This knowledge can often help the student to find his true path in life and may require him to make changes in his life. In this level PSYCHIC SURGERY and REIKI GRID is also taught
USUI TIBETAN MASTER LEVEL
In this level the central energy channel is once again further opened, and the student is given the four additional Tibetan Master Symbols. The student learns the techniques that permit to perform Reiki initiations.
The Reiki Master takes on the responsibility of teaching Reiki to others. He has the ability to initiate others so that they can use the Reiki energy in their own journey of self-discovery and healing.